Anyone looking to take their Valentine on a romantic movie date is in for a rough surprise. This year's options include the dismally reviewed Winter's Tale, the slightly less dismally reviewed Endless Love, and a remake of RoboCop.
You could take your chances with About Last Night, which got some decent notices. You could catch up on an older, less romantic release like Frozen or The LEGO Movie. Or you could stay home, open a bottle of wine, and watch an old favorite.
But which one? Fortunately, Fandango has taken care of that debate by compiling 26 of Hollywood's most romantic movie scenes into this 90-second video. You'll be treated to more than a few of cinema's most memorable love scenes, from "You make me want to be a better man" to "You had me at hello." Between Casablanca, Spider-Man, From Here to Eternity, and Twilight, it's safe to say this video has something for even the staunchest Valentine's Day Grinch — so light some candles, grab a heart-shaped box of chocolates, push play, and let the love wash over you.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week