There are a million ways to treat yourself: spa appointments and flowers, Netflix marathons and popcorn, loud music and solo dance parties, color coding closets and reorganizing flatware. But at Food52, we indulge by cooking — for our family, for our friends, and for ourselves. So take out your prettiest dishes; dim the lights and strike a match; put on a little mood music. Go ahead, impress yourself. Then cook exactly what you feel like cooking. As RuPaul would say, "if you can't love yourself — how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"
More from Food52...
This article was originally published on Food52.com: 10 ways to treat yourself to dinner for one
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week