There are a million ways to treat yourself: spa appointments and flowers, Netflix marathons and popcorn, loud music and solo dance parties, color coding closets and reorganizing flatware. But at Food52, we indulge by cooking — for our family, for our friends, and for ourselves. So take out your prettiest dishes; dim the lights and strike a match; put on a little mood music. Go ahead, impress yourself. Then cook exactly what you feel like cooking. As RuPaul would say, "if you can't love yourself — how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"
More from Food52...
This article was originally published on Food52.com: 10 ways to treat yourself to dinner for one
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week