There are a million ways to treat yourself: spa appointments and flowers, Netflix marathons and popcorn, loud music and solo dance parties, color coding closets and reorganizing flatware. But at Food52, we indulge by cooking — for our family, for our friends, and for ourselves. So take out your prettiest dishes; dim the lights and strike a match; put on a little mood music. Go ahead, impress yourself. Then cook exactly what you feel like cooking. As RuPaul would say, "if you can't love yourself — how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"
More from Food52...
This article was originally published on Food52.com: 10 ways to treat yourself to dinner for one
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week