There are a million ways to treat yourself: spa appointments and flowers, Netflix marathons and popcorn, loud music and solo dance parties, color coding closets and reorganizing flatware. But at Food52, we indulge by cooking — for our family, for our friends, and for ourselves. So take out your prettiest dishes; dim the lights and strike a match; put on a little mood music. Go ahead, impress yourself. Then cook exactly what you feel like cooking. As RuPaul would say, "if you can't love yourself — how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"
More from Food52...
This article was originally published on Food52.com: 10 ways to treat yourself to dinner for one
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
Subscribe to the Week