Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do figure skaters get dizzy when they spin? (New York Daily News)
Abba admit outrageous outfits were worn to avoid taxes (The Guardian)
Some animals eat their moms, and other cannibalism facts (Gory Details via ScienceNews)
National clown shortage may be approaching, trade organizations fear (New York Daily News)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- How snowstorms can teach us to build smarter roads
- This week I learned it wasn't originally supposed to be a 'Midnight Train to Georgia,' and more
- Our favorite fake presidents from movies and TV
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week