Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do figure skaters get dizzy when they spin? (New York Daily News)
Abba admit outrageous outfits were worn to avoid taxes (The Guardian)
Some animals eat their moms, and other cannibalism facts (Gory Details via ScienceNews)
National clown shortage may be approaching, trade organizations fear (New York Daily News)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- How snowstorms can teach us to build smarter roads
- This week I learned it wasn't originally supposed to be a 'Midnight Train to Georgia,' and more
- Our favorite fake presidents from movies and TV
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week