Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do figure skaters get dizzy when they spin? (New York Daily News)
Abba admit outrageous outfits were worn to avoid taxes (The Guardian)
Some animals eat their moms, and other cannibalism facts (Gory Details via ScienceNews)
National clown shortage may be approaching, trade organizations fear (New York Daily News)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- How snowstorms can teach us to build smarter roads
- This week I learned it wasn't originally supposed to be a 'Midnight Train to Georgia,' and more
- Our favorite fake presidents from movies and TV
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week