Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do figure skaters get dizzy when they spin? (New York Daily News)
Abba admit outrageous outfits were worn to avoid taxes (The Guardian)
Some animals eat their moms, and other cannibalism facts (Gory Details via ScienceNews)
National clown shortage may be approaching, trade organizations fear (New York Daily News)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- How snowstorms can teach us to build smarter roads
- This week I learned it wasn't originally supposed to be a 'Midnight Train to Georgia,' and more
- Our favorite fake presidents from movies and TV
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week