When you're stuck in a winter rut, it's so easy to fall back on a meat and potatoes routine; moreover, the same soups, stews, and hearty pasta dishes seem to be in constant rotation when you're not reaching for the phone to order take out. Come March, with spring so cruelly in reach, you've exhausted your cabbage and lentil repertoire, not to mention your dialing finger and potato masher.
Feeling helpless? Don't — because curry is here (it always is) to rescue you. It will breathe life into an otherwise struggling dinner drill and remind you that the aforementioned overworked winter staples can be transformed into something new and exciting when looked at through a new, vibrant lens. In that spirit, here are nine curry recipes to heat up the last few weeks of shivers and slush so that you can sail into spring with a fresh perspective.
More from Food52...
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 9 curry recipes to spice up your winter routine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week