When you're stuck in a winter rut, it's so easy to fall back on a meat and potatoes routine; moreover, the same soups, stews, and hearty pasta dishes seem to be in constant rotation when you're not reaching for the phone to order take out. Come March, with spring so cruelly in reach, you've exhausted your cabbage and lentil repertoire, not to mention your dialing finger and potato masher.
Feeling helpless? Don't — because curry is here (it always is) to rescue you. It will breathe life into an otherwise struggling dinner drill and remind you that the aforementioned overworked winter staples can be transformed into something new and exciting when looked at through a new, vibrant lens. In that spirit, here are nine curry recipes to heat up the last few weeks of shivers and slush so that you can sail into spring with a fresh perspective.
More from Food52...
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 9 curry recipes to spice up your winter routine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week