- First look February 25
This is Speed Reads — The Week's new, continuously updated collection of the most interesting, important, and trending things on the internet, all delivered with concision, intelligence, and wit.
We know that our smart, busy readers want to stay up to speed on everything that matters, but are often so overwhelmed by this increasingly cacophonous digital world that they struggle to find the signal in the noise, or the time to spend with all the good stuff even when they do find it.
To that end, we hope that Speed Reads will become your time-saving, signal-finding filter. Every day, we'll post dozens and dozens of Speed Reads, all of them short and sweet — stripping away everything extraneous to quickly provide smart, busy people with all they need to know about everything that matters.
Happy Speed Reading!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week