This is Speed Reads — The Week's new, continuously updated collection of the most interesting, important, and trending things on the internet, all delivered with concision, intelligence, and wit.
We know that our smart, busy readers want to stay up to speed on everything that matters, but are often so overwhelmed by this increasingly cacophonous digital world that they struggle to find the signal in the noise, or the time to spend with all the good stuff even when they do find it.
To that end, we hope that Speed Reads will become your time-saving, signal-finding filter. Every day, we'll post dozens and dozens of Speed Reads, all of them short and sweet — stripping away everything extraneous to quickly provide smart, busy people with all they need to know about everything that matters.
Happy Speed Reading!- - Ben Frumin
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week