There's only been one day of spring training games so far, but the best catch of the 2014 baseball season may have already happened. Oakland A's outfielder Josh Reddick twice robbed the Giants' Michael Morse of home runs Wednesday, scaling and reaching over a high right field wall to haul in two deep fly balls.
"I don't know how I did it," Reddick told the Associated Press after the game. "When I got to the fence and climbed it, I looked back and the ball was already two feet over my head. I was lucky enough to get my glove on it."- - Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week