- Look at this February 27
If George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley were songwriters for Anita O'Day and a small 1930s jazz ensemble, the result might be something like this cover of "Careless Whisper" by a group called Postmodern Jukebox. The singer is Robyn Adele Anderson, and jazz saxophonist Dave Koz provides several variations on the song's famous sax line. A little gimmicky? Sure. But the band's tight, bouncing from one early jazz style to the next. And what's wrong with a gimmick gone right, anyway? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- The week's best photojournalism
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week