- This just in February 27
Attorney General Eric Holder was hospitalized Thursday morning after feeling faint and short of breath during a staff meeting.
"As a precaution, the Attorney General was taken to MedStar Washington Hospital Center to undergo further evaluation," DOJ spokesman Brian Fallon said in a statement. "He is currently resting comfortably and in good condition. He is alert and conversing with his doctors."
In an interview with The New Yorker published earlier this month, the 63-year-old Holder said he intended to step down later this year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week