- This just in February 27
Attorney General Eric Holder was hospitalized Thursday morning after feeling faint and short of breath during a staff meeting.
"As a precaution, the Attorney General was taken to MedStar Washington Hospital Center to undergo further evaluation," DOJ spokesman Brian Fallon said in a statement. "He is currently resting comfortably and in good condition. He is alert and conversing with his doctors."
In an interview with The New Yorker published earlier this month, the 63-year-old Holder said he intended to step down later this year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
Subscribe to the Week