- Second Acts February 27
Robert Galbraith J.K. Rowling fans rejoice: The author plans to publish seven novels total in her crime series that started with last April's The Cuckoo's Calling.
Sales of the first book rocketed after Rowling was revealed as the author behind the pseudonymous Galbraith. The Cuckoo's Calling followed Cormoran Strike, an Afghanistan war veteran-turned-private investigator, and Robin, his temp-turned-assistant. Those characters will return in a sequel, The Silkworm, scheduled for a June 2014 release.
How long will readers need to wait for a third installment in Rowling's detective series? If the author emulates her Harry Potter pace, another novel is probably already nearly finished.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week