- Second Acts February 27
Robert Galbraith J.K. Rowling fans rejoice: The author plans to publish seven novels total in her crime series that started with last April's The Cuckoo's Calling.
Sales of the first book rocketed after Rowling was revealed as the author behind the pseudonymous Galbraith. The Cuckoo's Calling followed Cormoran Strike, an Afghanistan war veteran-turned-private investigator, and Robin, his temp-turned-assistant. Those characters will return in a sequel, The Silkworm, scheduled for a June 2014 release.
How long will readers need to wait for a third installment in Rowling's detective series? If the author emulates her Harry Potter pace, another novel is probably already nearly finished.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week