- Second Acts February 27
Robert Galbraith J.K. Rowling fans rejoice: The author plans to publish seven novels total in her crime series that started with last April's The Cuckoo's Calling.
Sales of the first book rocketed after Rowling was revealed as the author behind the pseudonymous Galbraith. The Cuckoo's Calling followed Cormoran Strike, an Afghanistan war veteran-turned-private investigator, and Robin, his temp-turned-assistant. Those characters will return in a sequel, The Silkworm, scheduled for a June 2014 release.
How long will readers need to wait for a third installment in Rowling's detective series? If the author emulates her Harry Potter pace, another novel is probably already nearly finished.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week