- Second Acts February 27
Robert Galbraith J.K. Rowling fans rejoice: The author plans to publish seven novels total in her crime series that started with last April's The Cuckoo's Calling.
Sales of the first book rocketed after Rowling was revealed as the author behind the pseudonymous Galbraith. The Cuckoo's Calling followed Cormoran Strike, an Afghanistan war veteran-turned-private investigator, and Robin, his temp-turned-assistant. Those characters will return in a sequel, The Silkworm, scheduled for a June 2014 release.
How long will readers need to wait for a third installment in Rowling's detective series? If the author emulates her Harry Potter pace, another novel is probably already nearly finished.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week