- Second Acts February 27
Former American Idol runner-up and supporter of community theater Clay Aiken declared he's officially running for Congress in North Carolina. Apparently he believes he's the panacea for the infighting and political gridlock gripping Washington.
Aiken, 35 announced he was running for a seat in the state's 2nd Congressional District (currently represented by Republican Renee Ellmers) three weeks ago, but finally filed his candidacy papers today. He will run as a Democrat and will face his first battle in this May's primary.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The case for killing law school
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week