- Second Acts February 27
Former American Idol runner-up and supporter of community theater Clay Aiken declared he's officially running for Congress in North Carolina. Apparently he believes he's the panacea for the infighting and political gridlock gripping Washington.
Aiken, 35 announced he was running for a seat in the state's 2nd Congressional District (currently represented by Republican Renee Ellmers) three weeks ago, but finally filed his candidacy papers today. He will run as a Democrat and will face his first battle in this May's primary.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The psychology of video game addiction
Subscribe to the Week