- Second Acts February 27
Former American Idol runner-up and supporter of community theater Clay Aiken declared he's officially running for Congress in North Carolina. Apparently he believes he's the panacea for the infighting and political gridlock gripping Washington.
Aiken, 35 announced he was running for a seat in the state's 2nd Congressional District (currently represented by Republican Renee Ellmers) three weeks ago, but finally filed his candidacy papers today. He will run as a Democrat and will face his first battle in this May's primary.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week