Former American Idol runner-up and supporter of community theater Clay Aiken declared he's officially running for Congress in North Carolina. Apparently he believes he's the panacea for the infighting and political gridlock gripping Washington.
Aiken, 35 announced he was running for a seat in the state's 2nd Congressional District (currently represented by Republican Renee Ellmers) three weeks ago, but finally filed his candidacy papers today. He will run as a Democrat and will face his first battle in this May's primary.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week