- First look February 27
Vegetarians and vegans in the Northeast, rejoice: Chipotle is rolling out its newest menu addition, braised tofu sofritas, in New York and New England. In a burrito, it looks like this:
Chipotle Culinary Manager Nate Appleman told Fast Company that the chain took great care in creating the most flavorful vegan tofu possible, and settled on an organic tofu braised with chipotle chiles, roasted poblanos, and a blend of aromatic spices. While tofu sofritos are actually already available in over a dozen states — a limited rollout allowed Chipotle to test and tweak the recipe at select locations over the past year — the East Coast can finally get in on the vegan-friendly action on March 3.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week