- First look February 27
Vegetarians and vegans in the Northeast, rejoice: Chipotle is rolling out its newest menu addition, braised tofu sofritas, in New York and New England. In a burrito, it looks like this:
Chipotle Culinary Manager Nate Appleman told Fast Company that the chain took great care in creating the most flavorful vegan tofu possible, and settled on an organic tofu braised with chipotle chiles, roasted poblanos, and a blend of aromatic spices. While tofu sofritos are actually already available in over a dozen states — a limited rollout allowed Chipotle to test and tweak the recipe at select locations over the past year — the East Coast can finally get in on the vegan-friendly action on March 3.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week