- First look February 27
Vegetarians and vegans in the Northeast, rejoice: Chipotle is rolling out its newest menu addition, braised tofu sofritas, in New York and New England. In a burrito, it looks like this:
Chipotle Culinary Manager Nate Appleman told Fast Company that the chain took great care in creating the most flavorful vegan tofu possible, and settled on an organic tofu braised with chipotle chiles, roasted poblanos, and a blend of aromatic spices. While tofu sofritos are actually already available in over a dozen states — a limited rollout allowed Chipotle to test and tweak the recipe at select locations over the past year — the East Coast can finally get in on the vegan-friendly action on March 3.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week