- First look February 27
Vegetarians and vegans in the Northeast, rejoice: Chipotle is rolling out its newest menu addition, braised tofu sofritas, in New York and New England. In a burrito, it looks like this:
Chipotle Culinary Manager Nate Appleman told Fast Company that the chain took great care in creating the most flavorful vegan tofu possible, and settled on an organic tofu braised with chipotle chiles, roasted poblanos, and a blend of aromatic spices. While tofu sofritos are actually already available in over a dozen states — a limited rollout allowed Chipotle to test and tweak the recipe at select locations over the past year — the East Coast can finally get in on the vegan-friendly action on March 3.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week