- First look February 27
Vegetarians and vegans in the Northeast, rejoice: Chipotle is rolling out its newest menu addition, braised tofu sofritas, in New York and New England. In a burrito, it looks like this:
Chipotle Culinary Manager Nate Appleman told Fast Company that the chain took great care in creating the most flavorful vegan tofu possible, and settled on an organic tofu braised with chipotle chiles, roasted poblanos, and a blend of aromatic spices. While tofu sofritos are actually already available in over a dozen states — a limited rollout allowed Chipotle to test and tweak the recipe at select locations over the past year — the East Coast can finally get in on the vegan-friendly action on March 3.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week