- Marginalia February 27
Calvin and Hobbes cartoonist Bill Watterson is back after nearly a two-decade hiatus — sort of. The reclusive author drew a film poster for an upcoming documentary called Stripped. It's about the lives of comic-strip cartoonists, and includes interviews with Family Circus creator Jeff Keane and Watterson himself.
Although neither Calvin nor his playful tiger sidekick Hobbes appear on the poster, fans will recognize Watterson's hallmark drawing style. Watterson told the Washington Post that he thought of the poster idea quickly: "Given the movie's title and the fact that there are few things funnier than human nudity, the idea popped into my head largely intact. The film is a big valentine to comics, so I tried to do something really cartoon-y."
Stripped will be released on DVD on April 2, and check out the poster below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week