- Marginalia February 27
Calvin and Hobbes cartoonist Bill Watterson is back after nearly a two-decade hiatus — sort of. The reclusive author drew a film poster for an upcoming documentary called Stripped. It's about the lives of comic-strip cartoonists, and includes interviews with Family Circus creator Jeff Keane and Watterson himself.
Although neither Calvin nor his playful tiger sidekick Hobbes appear on the poster, fans will recognize Watterson's hallmark drawing style. Watterson told the Washington Post that he thought of the poster idea quickly: "Given the movie's title and the fact that there are few things funnier than human nudity, the idea popped into my head largely intact. The film is a big valentine to comics, so I tried to do something really cartoon-y."
Stripped will be released on DVD on April 2, and check out the poster below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week