- First look February 27
Paunch Burger employees are going to start shaking after they hear this news: First lady Michelle Obama is set to make a cameo on the season finale of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The "Let's Move!" advocate made the voyage to Pawnee, er, Miami, in late February. Her storyline fits more comfortably than a pair of sweatpants: It revolves around Leslie Knope's (played by Amy Poehler) promise to crack down on childhood obesity in the fictional town.
The first lady isn't Parks and Rec's first high-profile guest star: high-powered politicos like Vice President Joe Biden, former Maine Senator Olympia Snowe, and California Senator Barbara Boxer have all previously appeared on the show.
The hour-long episode airs on April 24 at 8 p.m.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week