- First look February 27
Paunch Burger employees are going to start shaking after they hear this news: First lady Michelle Obama is set to make a cameo on the season finale of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The "Let's Move!" advocate made the voyage to Pawnee, er, Miami, in late February. Her storyline fits more comfortably than a pair of sweatpants: It revolves around Leslie Knope's (played by Amy Poehler) promise to crack down on childhood obesity in the fictional town.
The first lady isn't Parks and Rec's first high-profile guest star: high-powered politicos like Vice President Joe Biden, former Maine Senator Olympia Snowe, and California Senator Barbara Boxer have all previously appeared on the show.
The hour-long episode airs on April 24 at 8 p.m.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week