- First look February 27
Paunch Burger employees are going to start shaking after they hear this news: First lady Michelle Obama is set to make a cameo on the season finale of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The "Let's Move!" advocate made the voyage to Pawnee, er, Miami, in late February. Her storyline fits more comfortably than a pair of sweatpants: It revolves around Leslie Knope's (played by Amy Poehler) promise to crack down on childhood obesity in the fictional town.
The first lady isn't Parks and Rec's first high-profile guest star: high-powered politicos like Vice President Joe Biden, former Maine Senator Olympia Snowe, and California Senator Barbara Boxer have all previously appeared on the show.
The hour-long episode airs on April 24 at 8 p.m.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week