- First look February 27
Paunch Burger employees are going to start shaking after they hear this news: First lady Michelle Obama is set to make a cameo on the season finale of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The "Let's Move!" advocate made the voyage to Pawnee, er, Miami, in late February. Her storyline fits more comfortably than a pair of sweatpants: It revolves around Leslie Knope's (played by Amy Poehler) promise to crack down on childhood obesity in the fictional town.
The first lady isn't Parks and Rec's first high-profile guest star: high-powered politicos like Vice President Joe Biden, former Maine Senator Olympia Snowe, and California Senator Barbara Boxer have all previously appeared on the show.
The hour-long episode airs on April 24 at 8 p.m.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week