Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why the toga was so popular in the Roman Empire, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do invertebrates feel pain? (New Scientist)
On the origin of f**k (So Long As It's Words)
Pompeii: 10 strange facts about the Roman Empire (Discovery)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Tracing the evolution of music through 80 years of Best Original Song Winners
- This week I learned that even cute species can be cannibals, and more
- A Mexican drug cartel's rise to dominance
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
Subscribe to the Week