Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why the toga was so popular in the Roman Empire, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do invertebrates feel pain? (New Scientist)
On the origin of f**k (So Long As It's Words)
Pompeii: 10 strange facts about the Roman Empire (Discovery)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Tracing the evolution of music through 80 years of Best Original Song Winners
- This week I learned that even cute species can be cannibals, and more
- A Mexican drug cartel's rise to dominance
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week