Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why the toga was so popular in the Roman Empire, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do invertebrates feel pain? (New Scientist)
On the origin of f**k (So Long As It's Words)
Pompeii: 10 strange facts about the Roman Empire (Discovery)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Tracing the evolution of music through 80 years of Best Original Song Winners
- This week I learned that even cute species can be cannibals, and more
- A Mexican drug cartel's rise to dominance
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week