Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why the toga was so popular in the Roman Empire, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do invertebrates feel pain? (New Scientist)
On the origin of f**k (So Long As It's Words)
Pompeii: 10 strange facts about the Roman Empire (Discovery)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Tracing the evolution of music through 80 years of Best Original Song Winners
- This week I learned that even cute species can be cannibals, and more
- A Mexican drug cartel's rise to dominance
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
Subscribe to the Week