Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why the toga was so popular in the Roman Empire, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do invertebrates feel pain? (New Scientist)
On the origin of f**k (So Long As It's Words)
Pompeii: 10 strange facts about the Roman Empire (Discovery)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Tracing the evolution of music through 80 years of Best Original Song Winners
- This week I learned that even cute species can be cannibals, and more
- A Mexican drug cartel's rise to dominance
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week