- Fresh Gear February 28
Falling asleep while binge-watching House of Cards and waking up confused about what you missed is one of life's biggest annoyances. Thankfully, there's a possible solution on the horizon in the form of a wristband that tracks when you slip into slumber and pauses your Scandal session.
Revealed at Netflix's internal Hack Day event, this nifty gadget is a customized Fitbit wristband that pauses the program the second it senses you're asleep. It also displays a message saying "Looks like you fell asleep!" and even saves a time-stamped "sleep bookmark" for future reference.
Although the gadget might never see the light of day (it "may never become part of the Netflix product, internal infrastructure, or be used beyond Hack Day," a company blog post warns), it's fun to think about the future.
Watch a demo of the product below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week