- Fresh Gear February 28
Falling asleep while binge-watching House of Cards and waking up confused about what you missed is one of life's biggest annoyances. Thankfully, there's a possible solution on the horizon in the form of a wristband that tracks when you slip into slumber and pauses your Scandal session.
Revealed at Netflix's internal Hack Day event, this nifty gadget is a customized Fitbit wristband that pauses the program the second it senses you're asleep. It also displays a message saying "Looks like you fell asleep!" and even saves a time-stamped "sleep bookmark" for future reference.
Although the gadget might never see the light of day (it "may never become part of the Netflix product, internal infrastructure, or be used beyond Hack Day," a company blog post warns), it's fun to think about the future.
Watch a demo of the product below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
Subscribe to the Week