- Fresh Gear February 28
Falling asleep while binge-watching House of Cards and waking up confused about what you missed is one of life's biggest annoyances. Thankfully, there's a possible solution on the horizon in the form of a wristband that tracks when you slip into slumber and pauses your Scandal session.
Revealed at Netflix's internal Hack Day event, this nifty gadget is a customized Fitbit wristband that pauses the program the second it senses you're asleep. It also displays a message saying "Looks like you fell asleep!" and even saves a time-stamped "sleep bookmark" for future reference.
Although the gadget might never see the light of day (it "may never become part of the Netflix product, internal infrastructure, or be used beyond Hack Day," a company blog post warns), it's fun to think about the future.
Watch a demo of the product below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
Subscribe to the Week