- Fresh Gear February 28
Falling asleep while binge-watching House of Cards and waking up confused about what you missed is one of life's biggest annoyances. Thankfully, there's a possible solution on the horizon in the form of a wristband that tracks when you slip into slumber and pauses your Scandal session.
Revealed at Netflix's internal Hack Day event, this nifty gadget is a customized Fitbit wristband that pauses the program the second it senses you're asleep. It also displays a message saying "Looks like you fell asleep!" and even saves a time-stamped "sleep bookmark" for future reference.
Although the gadget might never see the light of day (it "may never become part of the Netflix product, internal infrastructure, or be used beyond Hack Day," a company blog post warns), it's fun to think about the future.
Watch a demo of the product below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week