- This just in March 2
Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Ukraine on Tuesday to meet with the nation's leaders and offer the United States' support in the escalating conflict with Russia. The announcement came hours after Kerry, appearing on the Sunday talk shows, warned Russia to withdraw its troops or face consequences, sanctions, and a potential ouster from the G-8 superpowers. "It is really a stunning, willful choice by President Putin to invade another country," Kerry said. "You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext."
Kerry was scheduled to visit Lebanon early this week, but will now instead head to Kiev.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
Subscribe to the Week