- The Oscars March 2
Alfonso Cuarón just won the Best Director Oscar for helming the gripping space drama Gravity.
"For many of us involved in this film, it was definitely a transformative experience. For many, that transformation was wisdom. For me it was just the color of my hair," he joked in his acceptance speech. He went on to praise the performance of star Sandra Bullock: "Sandy, you're Gravity, you're the soul, the heart of the film, an amazing collaborator, and one of the best people I've ever met."- - Laura Prudom
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week