- The Oscars March 2
Alfonso Cuarón just won the Best Director Oscar for helming the gripping space drama Gravity.
"For many of us involved in this film, it was definitely a transformative experience. For many, that transformation was wisdom. For me it was just the color of my hair," he joked in his acceptance speech. He went on to praise the performance of star Sandra Bullock: "Sandy, you're Gravity, you're the soul, the heart of the film, an amazing collaborator, and one of the best people I've ever met."- - Laura Prudom
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are the missing students protests turning into a Mexican Spring?
Subscribe to the Week