- The Oscars March 2
Alfonso Cuarón just won the Best Director Oscar for helming the gripping space drama Gravity.
"For many of us involved in this film, it was definitely a transformative experience. For many, that transformation was wisdom. For me it was just the color of my hair," he joked in his acceptance speech. He went on to praise the performance of star Sandra Bullock: "Sandy, you're Gravity, you're the soul, the heart of the film, an amazing collaborator, and one of the best people I've ever met."- - Laura Prudom
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week