- Foreign affairs March 3
Capping another hectic day in Ukraine, it was reported that Russia is amassing forces on a sea crossing separating Russia from Crimea, which was taken as an indication that Russia is preparing to strengthen its hold on the peninsula. Whether it signals a broader Russian push into other areas of Ukraine remains to be seen.
Also, Ukrainian officials claimed that the Russian military had issued ultimatums calling on Ukrainian troops to evacuate bases in Crimea. However, the Russian defense ministry denied the allegation, describing it as "utter nonsense."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week