- Foreign affairs March 3
Capping another hectic day in Ukraine, it was reported that Russia is amassing forces on a sea crossing separating Russia from Crimea, which was taken as an indication that Russia is preparing to strengthen its hold on the peninsula. Whether it signals a broader Russian push into other areas of Ukraine remains to be seen.
Also, Ukrainian officials claimed that the Russian military had issued ultimatums calling on Ukrainian troops to evacuate bases in Crimea. However, the Russian defense ministry denied the allegation, describing it as "utter nonsense."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week