- Foreign affairs March 3
Capping another hectic day in Ukraine, it was reported that Russia is amassing forces on a sea crossing separating Russia from Crimea, which was taken as an indication that Russia is preparing to strengthen its hold on the peninsula. Whether it signals a broader Russian push into other areas of Ukraine remains to be seen.
Also, Ukrainian officials claimed that the Russian military had issued ultimatums calling on Ukrainian troops to evacuate bases in Crimea. However, the Russian defense ministry denied the allegation, describing it as "utter nonsense."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week