- Foreign affairs March 3
Capping another hectic day in Ukraine, it was reported that Russia is amassing forces on a sea crossing separating Russia from Crimea, which was taken as an indication that Russia is preparing to strengthen its hold on the peninsula. Whether it signals a broader Russian push into other areas of Ukraine remains to be seen.
Also, Ukrainian officials claimed that the Russian military had issued ultimatums calling on Ukrainian troops to evacuate bases in Crimea. However, the Russian defense ministry denied the allegation, describing it as "utter nonsense."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week