- Oops March 4
In his weekly address, Pope Francis made a bit of a slip-up, mispronouncing the Italian word for "case" (caso) with the much more vulgar cazzo, which literally refers to male genitalia but is used by Italians in the same way Americans deploy the F-word. This somehow would have been a funnier mistake if it had come from the shy, scholarly Pope Benedict XVI. From the "people's pope"? It will just add to his legend. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
Subscribe to the Week