- Oops March 4
In his weekly address, Pope Francis made a bit of a slip-up, mispronouncing the Italian word for "case" (caso) with the much more vulgar cazzo, which literally refers to male genitalia but is used by Italians in the same way Americans deploy the F-word. This somehow would have been a funnier mistake if it had come from the shy, scholarly Pope Benedict XVI. From the "people's pope"? It will just add to his legend. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week