- Look at this March 4
To understand why Sir Patrick Stewart — this year's Betty White — is affecting a Louisiana accent and trash-talking ObamaCare on Monday night's Colbert Report, first watch this lead-in from Stephen Colbert:
Having suggested that perhaps there are no real ObamaCare horror stories, Colbert brings on "actual Louisiana resident Chuck Duprey" to tell his own sob story:
The first part is perhaps more persuasive, but it's hard to beat Stewart at his clownish best.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week