- Huh? March 4
We have a new candidate for "most asinine remark about Ukraine from an American politician." Behold, as Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) connects the dots to explain why Hillary Clinton is at fault for Russia's invasion of Crimea:
It started with Benghazi. When you kill Americans and nobody pays a price, you invite this type of aggression. #Ukraine— Lindsey Graham (@GrahamBlog) March 4, 2014
Graham has been on a roll today, offering similarly half-cooked insights on how the Obama administration's weakness and "indecision" convinced Russian President Vladimir Putin to send troops across the border. As our own Marc Ambinder explained in more detail here, that's an incredibly simplistic and fallacious explanation of a complex geopolitical situation. But don't just take his word for it: Even the most ardent Benghazi truthers think Graham is spouting nonsense.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week