- Huh? March 4
We have a new candidate for "most asinine remark about Ukraine from an American politician." Behold, as Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) connects the dots to explain why Hillary Clinton is at fault for Russia's invasion of Crimea:
It started with Benghazi. When you kill Americans and nobody pays a price, you invite this type of aggression. #Ukraine— Lindsey Graham (@GrahamBlog) March 4, 2014
Graham has been on a roll today, offering similarly half-cooked insights on how the Obama administration's weakness and "indecision" convinced Russian President Vladimir Putin to send troops across the border. As our own Marc Ambinder explained in more detail here, that's an incredibly simplistic and fallacious explanation of a complex geopolitical situation. But don't just take his word for it: Even the most ardent Benghazi truthers think Graham is spouting nonsense.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week