- Huh? March 4
We have a new candidate for "most asinine remark about Ukraine from an American politician." Behold, as Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) connects the dots to explain why Hillary Clinton is at fault for Russia's invasion of Crimea:
It started with Benghazi. When you kill Americans and nobody pays a price, you invite this type of aggression. #Ukraine— Lindsey Graham (@GrahamBlog) March 4, 2014
Graham has been on a roll today, offering similarly half-cooked insights on how the Obama administration's weakness and "indecision" convinced Russian President Vladimir Putin to send troops across the border. As our own Marc Ambinder explained in more detail here, that's an incredibly simplistic and fallacious explanation of a complex geopolitical situation. But don't just take his word for it: Even the most ardent Benghazi truthers think Graham is spouting nonsense.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
Subscribe to the Week