- Foreign affairs March 4
Days after sending troops into Crimea and stoking fears of a possible armed conflict over the sovereignty of Ukraine, the Russian military on Tuesday confirmed it had test-fired an intercontinental ballistic missile called the Topol RS-12M. Russia said the missile, which can carry a nuclear warhead, successfully hit its target in Kazakhstan.
The test was pre-planned, though the timing — coming as U.S. officials denounced Russia's military incursion and warned it to pull back its troops — was rather unfortunate.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week