- Quotables March 4
It's been almost two days since John Travolta inexplicably introduced Frozen star Idina Menzel as "Adele Dazeem" during the 86th annual Academy Awards, but the flub has gone through the usual cycles, including a parody Twitter account and a "Travoltafy Yourself" name generator. What we didn't know, until today, was how Travolta would explain the bizarre mistake. Thanks to the Los Angeles Times' Amy Kaufman, we now have the answer:
John Travolta's #AdeleDazeem statement: "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought...what would Idina Menzel say..." (1/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
"She'd say, Let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!'" (2/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
So yeah, that clears everything right up.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
Subscribe to the Week