- Quotables March 4
It's been almost two days since John Travolta inexplicably introduced Frozen star Idina Menzel as "Adele Dazeem" during the 86th annual Academy Awards, but the flub has gone through the usual cycles, including a parody Twitter account and a "Travoltafy Yourself" name generator. What we didn't know, until today, was how Travolta would explain the bizarre mistake. Thanks to the Los Angeles Times' Amy Kaufman, we now have the answer:
John Travolta's #AdeleDazeem statement: "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought...what would Idina Menzel say..." (1/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
"She'd say, Let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!'" (2/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
So yeah, that clears everything right up.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week