- Quotables March 4
It's been almost two days since John Travolta inexplicably introduced Frozen star Idina Menzel as "Adele Dazeem" during the 86th annual Academy Awards, but the flub has gone through the usual cycles, including a parody Twitter account and a "Travoltafy Yourself" name generator. What we didn't know, until today, was how Travolta would explain the bizarre mistake. Thanks to the Los Angeles Times' Amy Kaufman, we now have the answer:
John Travolta's #AdeleDazeem statement: "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought...what would Idina Menzel say..." (1/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
"She'd say, Let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!'" (2/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
So yeah, that clears everything right up.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week