- Ouch March 5
Let's hope the Winklevoss twins have a backup plan.
Canadian-based Bitcoin exchange Flexcoin shuttered on Tuesday, after hackers stole about $600,000 worth of the digital currency in a Sunday theft.
Flexcoin's losses are a drop in the bucket compared to last month's similar hack of Japan-based exchange Mt. Gox, which lost millions of dollars' worth of the currency and subsequently declared bankruptcy. Still, such vulnerabilities in the exchanges' systems are more ammo for opponents of Bitcoin, who point to the currency's role in criminal activities such as the now-defunct Silk Road drug marketplace.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- How to save Meet the Press
Subscribe to the Week