- Ouch March 5
Let's hope the Winklevoss twins have a backup plan.
Canadian-based Bitcoin exchange Flexcoin shuttered on Tuesday, after hackers stole about $600,000 worth of the digital currency in a Sunday theft.
Flexcoin's losses are a drop in the bucket compared to last month's similar hack of Japan-based exchange Mt. Gox, which lost millions of dollars' worth of the currency and subsequently declared bankruptcy. Still, such vulnerabilities in the exchanges' systems are more ammo for opponents of Bitcoin, who point to the currency's role in criminal activities such as the now-defunct Silk Road drug marketplace.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week