- Watch this March 5
True Detective's finale airs on Sunday, but we have some bad news for HBO: YouTube user Big Meeting has cracked the show's central mystery wide open a full four days before the highly anticipated episode is slated to air.
After watching the video below — which analyzes a number of cryptic clues buried within the show's first seven episodes — it's hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't agree that the identity of the mysterious Yellow King has officially been discovered. Better luck next time, Cohle and Hart. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week