- Watch this March 5
True Detective's finale airs on Sunday, but we have some bad news for HBO: YouTube user Big Meeting has cracked the show's central mystery wide open a full four days before the highly anticipated episode is slated to air.
After watching the video below — which analyzes a number of cryptic clues buried within the show's first seven episodes — it's hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't agree that the identity of the mysterious Yellow King has officially been discovered. Better luck next time, Cohle and Hart. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week