- Watch this March 5
True Detective's finale airs on Sunday, but we have some bad news for HBO: YouTube user Big Meeting has cracked the show's central mystery wide open a full four days before the highly anticipated episode is slated to air.
After watching the video below — which analyzes a number of cryptic clues buried within the show's first seven episodes — it's hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't agree that the identity of the mysterious Yellow King has officially been discovered. Better luck next time, Cohle and Hart. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week