- Watch this March 5
True Detective's finale airs on Sunday, but we have some bad news for HBO: YouTube user Big Meeting has cracked the show's central mystery wide open a full four days before the highly anticipated episode is slated to air.
After watching the video below — which analyzes a number of cryptic clues buried within the show's first seven episodes — it's hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't agree that the identity of the mysterious Yellow King has officially been discovered. Better luck next time, Cohle and Hart. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week