- This is a big deal March 5
Doctors at an AIDS conference in Boston on Wednesday announced that a second child born with the AIDS virus may now be in remission after undergoing an intense drug treatment almost immediately after birth. The announcement, which raises hopes of finding a cure for all patients with AIDS, comes after scientists last year claimed to have achieved the same result in another baby by administering a similar, early treatment.
Read more on the story from the Associated Press here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week