- This is a big deal March 5
Doctors at an AIDS conference in Boston on Wednesday announced that a second child born with the AIDS virus may now be in remission after undergoing an intense drug treatment almost immediately after birth. The announcement, which raises hopes of finding a cure for all patients with AIDS, comes after scientists last year claimed to have achieved the same result in another baby by administering a similar, early treatment.
Read more on the story from the Associated Press here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week