- This is a big deal March 5
Doctors at an AIDS conference in Boston on Wednesday announced that a second child born with the AIDS virus may now be in remission after undergoing an intense drug treatment almost immediately after birth. The announcement, which raises hopes of finding a cure for all patients with AIDS, comes after scientists last year claimed to have achieved the same result in another baby by administering a similar, early treatment.
Read more on the story from the Associated Press here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week