- This is a big deal March 5
Doctors at an AIDS conference in Boston on Wednesday announced that a second child born with the AIDS virus may now be in remission after undergoing an intense drug treatment almost immediately after birth. The announcement, which raises hopes of finding a cure for all patients with AIDS, comes after scientists last year claimed to have achieved the same result in another baby by administering a similar, early treatment.
Read more on the story from the Associated Press here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Sex can't explain the culture war
Subscribe to the Week