- Coming Soon March 6
Jimi Hendrix fans have been eagerly anticipating All Is by My Side, an upcoming biopic about the legendary musician, for over a year — but other than a special screening at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, actual footage from the film has been maddeningly elusive. Fortunately, in advance of an upcoming South by Southwest screening, a brief clip from All Is by My Side has finally been released for Hendrix fans to pore over.
All Is by My Side stars Andre Benjamin (a.k.a. Outkast's Andre 3000) as Hendrix. Based on this clip, Benjamin seems to have captured Hendrix's distinctive, laconic drawl. "It's still crazy to me. All these acts are gonna be on stage: Simon and Garfunkel, Otis Redding, Janis Joplin..." he says to costar Imogen Poots, playing Linda Keith, in the clip. It's a brief but intriguing glimpse of a long-overdue biopic that's sure to whet appetites for the final product — whenever it finally hits theaters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week