- Coming Soon March 6
Jimi Hendrix fans have been eagerly anticipating All Is by My Side, an upcoming biopic about the legendary musician, for over a year — but other than a special screening at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, actual footage from the film has been maddeningly elusive. Fortunately, in advance of an upcoming South by Southwest screening, a brief clip from All Is by My Side has finally been released for Hendrix fans to pore over.
All Is by My Side stars Andre Benjamin (a.k.a. Outkast's Andre 3000) as Hendrix. Based on this clip, Benjamin seems to have captured Hendrix's distinctive, laconic drawl. "It's still crazy to me. All these acts are gonna be on stage: Simon and Garfunkel, Otis Redding, Janis Joplin..." he says to costar Imogen Poots, playing Linda Keith, in the clip. It's a brief but intriguing glimpse of a long-overdue biopic that's sure to whet appetites for the final product — whenever it finally hits theaters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week