- Foreign affairs March 6
Calling the Russian invasion of Crimea a "violation of international law," President Obama on Thursday announced that he had signed an executive order authorizing sanctions against individuals who have allegedly sought to undermine Ukrainian sovereignty. And he condemned an upcoming referendum that will determine whether the Crimean Peninsula remains in Ukraine or becomes a part of Russia, saying the vote "would violate the Ukrainian constitution and violate international law."
"We are well beyond the days where borders can be redrawn over the heads of Democratic leaders," he said, adding, "Any discussion on the future of Ukraine must include the legitimate government of Ukraine."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week