- Foreign affairs March 6
Calling the Russian invasion of Crimea a "violation of international law," President Obama on Thursday announced that he had signed an executive order authorizing sanctions against individuals who have allegedly sought to undermine Ukrainian sovereignty. And he condemned an upcoming referendum that will determine whether the Crimean Peninsula remains in Ukraine or becomes a part of Russia, saying the vote "would violate the Ukrainian constitution and violate international law."
"We are well beyond the days where borders can be redrawn over the heads of Democratic leaders," he said, adding, "Any discussion on the future of Ukraine must include the legitimate government of Ukraine."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week