- The Rich Are Different March 6
There are several conventional ways to combat climate change, like taking public transportation or turning your lights off when you leave the house. But famed designer Vivienne Westwood is anything but conventional, so she is doing something different: She shaved off her distinctive fiery red hair.
Westwood's new 'do made its debut last weekend during Paris Fashion Week. The Telegraph obtained a comment from her fashion label's spokesperson:
"Vivienne cut her hair as we must all wake up to Climate Change. And secondly she wanted to cut the red out for a while and have it white — to show she's proud of her age."
We're just going to take shorter showers... --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week