- The Rich Are Different March 6
There are several conventional ways to combat climate change, like taking public transportation or turning your lights off when you leave the house. But famed designer Vivienne Westwood is anything but conventional, so she is doing something different: She shaved off her distinctive fiery red hair.
Westwood's new 'do made its debut last weekend during Paris Fashion Week. The Telegraph obtained a comment from her fashion label's spokesperson:
"Vivienne cut her hair as we must all wake up to Climate Change. And secondly she wanted to cut the red out for a while and have it white — to show she's proud of her age."
We're just going to take shorter showers... --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
Subscribe to the Week