- Coming Soon March 6
"Just another Saturday night," says Marv (Mickey Rourke) at the beginning of the first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, a long-in-the-works sequel to to the 2005 cult hit of the same name. Of course, that means something different in the hyper-stylized noir world of Sin City: Based on this brief glimpse of the film, it looks like most of the film's hard-luck heroes and femme fatales are in for a rough evening.
The first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is light on plot, focusing instead on reintroducing audiences to the film's distinctive black-and-white visual style. It also makes a point of highlighting the sprawling ensemble cast: Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Josh Brolin, Jessica Alba, and a bunch of other celebrities whose names don't start with J.
"Sin City's where you go in with your eyes open, or you don't come out at all," says Gordon-Levitt at the end of the new trailer. We'll find out how many eyeballs this belated sequel will attract when Sin City: A Dame to Kill For hits theaters on August 22. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week