- Coming Soon March 6
"Just another Saturday night," says Marv (Mickey Rourke) at the beginning of the first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, a long-in-the-works sequel to to the 2005 cult hit of the same name. Of course, that means something different in the hyper-stylized noir world of Sin City: Based on this brief glimpse of the film, it looks like most of the film's hard-luck heroes and femme fatales are in for a rough evening.
The first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is light on plot, focusing instead on reintroducing audiences to the film's distinctive black-and-white visual style. It also makes a point of highlighting the sprawling ensemble cast: Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Josh Brolin, Jessica Alba, and a bunch of other celebrities whose names don't start with J.
"Sin City's where you go in with your eyes open, or you don't come out at all," says Gordon-Levitt at the end of the new trailer. We'll find out how many eyeballs this belated sequel will attract when Sin City: A Dame to Kill For hits theaters on August 22. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week