- Coming Soon March 6
"Just another Saturday night," says Marv (Mickey Rourke) at the beginning of the first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, a long-in-the-works sequel to to the 2005 cult hit of the same name. Of course, that means something different in the hyper-stylized noir world of Sin City: Based on this brief glimpse of the film, it looks like most of the film's hard-luck heroes and femme fatales are in for a rough evening.
The first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is light on plot, focusing instead on reintroducing audiences to the film's distinctive black-and-white visual style. It also makes a point of highlighting the sprawling ensemble cast: Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Josh Brolin, Jessica Alba, and a bunch of other celebrities whose names don't start with J.
"Sin City's where you go in with your eyes open, or you don't come out at all," says Gordon-Levitt at the end of the new trailer. We'll find out how many eyeballs this belated sequel will attract when Sin City: A Dame to Kill For hits theaters on August 22. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- The Catholic case for military strikes in Iraq
Subscribe to the Week