- Coming Soon March 6
"Just another Saturday night," says Marv (Mickey Rourke) at the beginning of the first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, a long-in-the-works sequel to to the 2005 cult hit of the same name. Of course, that means something different in the hyper-stylized noir world of Sin City: Based on this brief glimpse of the film, it looks like most of the film's hard-luck heroes and femme fatales are in for a rough evening.
The first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is light on plot, focusing instead on reintroducing audiences to the film's distinctive black-and-white visual style. It also makes a point of highlighting the sprawling ensemble cast: Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Josh Brolin, Jessica Alba, and a bunch of other celebrities whose names don't start with J.
"Sin City's where you go in with your eyes open, or you don't come out at all," says Gordon-Levitt at the end of the new trailer. We'll find out how many eyeballs this belated sequel will attract when Sin City: A Dame to Kill For hits theaters on August 22. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week