- Coming Soon March 6
"Just another Saturday night," says Marv (Mickey Rourke) at the beginning of the first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, a long-in-the-works sequel to to the 2005 cult hit of the same name. Of course, that means something different in the hyper-stylized noir world of Sin City: Based on this brief glimpse of the film, it looks like most of the film's hard-luck heroes and femme fatales are in for a rough evening.
The first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is light on plot, focusing instead on reintroducing audiences to the film's distinctive black-and-white visual style. It also makes a point of highlighting the sprawling ensemble cast: Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Josh Brolin, Jessica Alba, and a bunch of other celebrities whose names don't start with J.
"Sin City's where you go in with your eyes open, or you don't come out at all," says Gordon-Levitt at the end of the new trailer. We'll find out how many eyeballs this belated sequel will attract when Sin City: A Dame to Kill For hits theaters on August 22. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- New York City's police unions need to get a grip
- The secret histories of 6 ubiquitous American foods
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Sonia Sotomayor became the Supreme Court's preeminent defender of civil liberties
- How one woman is standing up for India's abused husbands
- Behold: The not-too-boring, not-too-rich chocolate cake
- Why we can't educate racism away
- My last trip into the wild
- 10 things you need to know today: December 27, 2014
Subscribe to the Week