Read more about the facts mentioned:
Crocodiles can climb trees: researchers (Reuters)
Even Olympians can't help Wheaties (Wall Street Journal)
Wheaties & sport (The Pop History Dig)
Which country reads the most? (Mental Floss)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Why the Fed should hand out wads of money
- This week I learned why the toga was so popular in the Roman Empire, and more
- Tracing the evolution of music history through 80 years of Best Original Song winners
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week