- Watch this March 9
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) delivered the keynote address at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday, revising the Dr. Seuss classic Green Eggs and Ham to criticize President Obama and Washington, D.C., in general.
In the friendly confines of CPAC, the speech was a smashing success, as audience members chanted "Run, Sarah, run!" Yet the vast majority of Americans — and the bulk of Republicans, too — have almost no desire for a Palin presidency. In 2011, one survey found that three-fourths of Republican and GOP-leaning independents didn't even want Palin to run for president. And a poll last August found that Palin, were she to somehow capture the GOP nomination and face Hillary Clinton in 2016, would lose even her home state of Alaska by a wide margin.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to make any veggie burger without a recipe
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week