- The Fate of Civilization March 10
Maybe the best sign that the new film Noah could revive the Hollywood Biblical epic is Saturday Night Live's piggybacking, with a mock preview for Girl, Lena Dunham's version of the life of Eve. The most obvious joke is the (digitally obscured) nudity — a staple of Dunham's Girls — but the dialogue actually trumps the visual gags. "I know I committed original sin," Dunham's Eve tells God, "but at least it's original. I think I deserve some credit for that. Or at least a publishing deal." Familiarity with Dunham's HBO show and/or the Book of Genesis is helpful but not required. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week