- The Fate of Civilization March 10
Maybe the best sign that the new film Noah could revive the Hollywood Biblical epic is Saturday Night Live's piggybacking, with a mock preview for Girl, Lena Dunham's version of the life of Eve. The most obvious joke is the (digitally obscured) nudity — a staple of Dunham's Girls — but the dialogue actually trumps the visual gags. "I know I committed original sin," Dunham's Eve tells God, "but at least it's original. I think I deserve some credit for that. Or at least a publishing deal." Familiarity with Dunham's HBO show and/or the Book of Genesis is helpful but not required. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week