- The Fate of Civilization March 10
Maybe the best sign that the new film Noah could revive the Hollywood Biblical epic is Saturday Night Live's piggybacking, with a mock preview for Girl, Lena Dunham's version of the life of Eve. The most obvious joke is the (digitally obscured) nudity — a staple of Dunham's Girls — but the dialogue actually trumps the visual gags. "I know I committed original sin," Dunham's Eve tells God, "but at least it's original. I think I deserve some credit for that. Or at least a publishing deal." Familiarity with Dunham's HBO show and/or the Book of Genesis is helpful but not required. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week