- The Fate of Civilization March 10
Maybe the best sign that the new film Noah could revive the Hollywood Biblical epic is Saturday Night Live's piggybacking, with a mock preview for Girl, Lena Dunham's version of the life of Eve. The most obvious joke is the (digitally obscured) nudity — a staple of Dunham's Girls — but the dialogue actually trumps the visual gags. "I know I committed original sin," Dunham's Eve tells God, "but at least it's original. I think I deserve some credit for that. Or at least a publishing deal." Familiarity with Dunham's HBO show and/or the Book of Genesis is helpful but not required. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week