- small town news March 10
The jokers living in Gotham, a small village in England, are up to no good. The town is abuzz about the theft of its only sign, which police believe was stolen by an overzealous Batman fan. The sign, which is the small village's biggest tourist attraction, was missing for two days last week before someone noticed.
Police say they're all but certain the sign was snatched because of its iconic name. Although its worth is of "little scrap metal," police officer Anthony Davies said he's not thrilled about the cost of replacing it.
The police have received few leads on the sign's whereabouts so far, but no word yet on if they've considered checking Christian Bale's game room.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week