- small town news March 10
The jokers living in Gotham, a small village in England, are up to no good. The town is abuzz about the theft of its only sign, which police believe was stolen by an overzealous Batman fan. The sign, which is the small village's biggest tourist attraction, was missing for two days last week before someone noticed.
Police say they're all but certain the sign was snatched because of its iconic name. Although its worth is of "little scrap metal," police officer Anthony Davies said he's not thrilled about the cost of replacing it.
The police have received few leads on the sign's whereabouts so far, but no word yet on if they've considered checking Christian Bale's game room.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week