- small town news March 10
The jokers living in Gotham, a small village in England, are up to no good. The town is abuzz about the theft of its only sign, which police believe was stolen by an overzealous Batman fan. The sign, which is the small village's biggest tourist attraction, was missing for two days last week before someone noticed.
Police say they're all but certain the sign was snatched because of its iconic name. Although its worth is of "little scrap metal," police officer Anthony Davies said he's not thrilled about the cost of replacing it.
The police have received few leads on the sign's whereabouts so far, but no word yet on if they've considered checking Christian Bale's game room.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week