- small town news March 10
The jokers living in Gotham, a small village in England, are up to no good. The town is abuzz about the theft of its only sign, which police believe was stolen by an overzealous Batman fan. The sign, which is the small village's biggest tourist attraction, was missing for two days last week before someone noticed.
Police say they're all but certain the sign was snatched because of its iconic name. Although its worth is of "little scrap metal," police officer Anthony Davies said he's not thrilled about the cost of replacing it.
The police have received few leads on the sign's whereabouts so far, but no word yet on if they've considered checking Christian Bale's game room.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week