- small town news March 10
The jokers living in Gotham, a small village in England, are up to no good. The town is abuzz about the theft of its only sign, which police believe was stolen by an overzealous Batman fan. The sign, which is the small village's biggest tourist attraction, was missing for two days last week before someone noticed.
Police say they're all but certain the sign was snatched because of its iconic name. Although its worth is of "little scrap metal," police officer Anthony Davies said he's not thrilled about the cost of replacing it.
The police have received few leads on the sign's whereabouts so far, but no word yet on if they've considered checking Christian Bale's game room.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week