- Quotables March 10
Last week, How I Met Your Mother aired an episode that implicitly teased a disturbing possibility: "The Mother" — whose first encounter with series protagonist Ted has been teased for more than 200 episodes — will be killed off before the series comes to an end.
But if you're a subscriber to this widespread conspiracy theory, Cristin Milioti (who plays the mother) would like to ease your worries.
"There have been rampant theories throughout the show in the last couple years, and this season, that the story's being told because the mother is dead," says an interviewer from The Hollywood Reporter during a recent chat with Milioti.
"That's insane," replies Milioti. "There's like, some crazy conspiracy theories — which actually just makes me, like, really love the fans more, 'cause I'm like, 'Wow, you guys are really... you're getting to the bottom of, like... something. I don't know, there's such passion there. That is so crazy." Milioti goes on to compare the "Mother is dead" theory to Lost, though she admits she's only seen a single episode — so there's still a chance she'll turn out to be the Smoke Monster. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week