- Crime and punishment March 10
Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the death of teenager Natalee Holloway, will finally be extradited to the United States — in 2038. A Peruvian court ruled Sunday that van der Sloot, who is currently serving the second year of a 28-year jail sentence for another murder in Peru, won't be sent to the U.S. until he completes his whole term.
Although the Dutchman hasn't been charged with the Holloway murder, U.S. prosecutors have indicted him on a number of other charges relating to Holloway's 2005 death in Aruba. He's accused of extortion and fraud, including taking $25,000 from Holloway's mother in exchange for information on the whereabouts of her daughter's body. It was never found.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week