- Crime and punishment March 10
Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the death of teenager Natalee Holloway, will finally be extradited to the United States — in 2038. A Peruvian court ruled Sunday that van der Sloot, who is currently serving the second year of a 28-year jail sentence for another murder in Peru, won't be sent to the U.S. until he completes his whole term.
Although the Dutchman hasn't been charged with the Holloway murder, U.S. prosecutors have indicted him on a number of other charges relating to Holloway's 2005 death in Aruba. He's accused of extortion and fraud, including taking $25,000 from Holloway's mother in exchange for information on the whereabouts of her daughter's body. It was never found.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
Subscribe to the Week