- This just in March 10
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case regarding a school district's proposed ban on breast cancer awareness bracelets bearing the slogan, "I Heart Boobies." Without comment, the high court turned away an appeal from the Eaton School District, meaning a lower court's ruling preventing the district from disciplining any student for wearing the bracelets will remain in effect.
Back in 2010, a Pennsylvania middle school suspended two girls for wearing the bracelets, which are sold through the Keep a Breast Foundation ahead of Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Claiming freedom of speech, the girls (through their parents) sued the district and won.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week