- This just in March 11
On Tuesday, Malaysian police released photos of the two passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 known to be traveling with stolen passports. They only identified one of the passengers as a 19-year-old Iranian (below, left) who was traveling to Germany to meet his mother. "We believe he is not likely to be a member of any terrorist group, and we believe he was trying to migrate to Germany," Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar told reporters. The Iranian teenager entered Malaysia with the other stolen-passport holder (below, right), with plane tickets they had bought together in Thailand.
The massive search for the vanished Boeing 777 and its 239 passengers and crew members has still turned up nothing, Abu Bakar said. "Maybe somebody on the flight has bought a huge sum of insurance, who wants family to gain from it or somebody who has owed somebody so much money, you know, we are looking at all possibilities," he added. --Peter Weber
(How Foo Yeen/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week