- This just in March 11
On Tuesday, Malaysian police released photos of the two passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 known to be traveling with stolen passports. They only identified one of the passengers as a 19-year-old Iranian (below, left) who was traveling to Germany to meet his mother. "We believe he is not likely to be a member of any terrorist group, and we believe he was trying to migrate to Germany," Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar told reporters. The Iranian teenager entered Malaysia with the other stolen-passport holder (below, right), with plane tickets they had bought together in Thailand.
The massive search for the vanished Boeing 777 and its 239 passengers and crew members has still turned up nothing, Abu Bakar said. "Maybe somebody on the flight has bought a huge sum of insurance, who wants family to gain from it or somebody who has owed somebody so much money, you know, we are looking at all possibilities," he added. --Peter Weber
(How Foo Yeen/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week