- This just in March 11
On Tuesday, Malaysian police released photos of the two passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 known to be traveling with stolen passports. They only identified one of the passengers as a 19-year-old Iranian (below, left) who was traveling to Germany to meet his mother. "We believe he is not likely to be a member of any terrorist group, and we believe he was trying to migrate to Germany," Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar told reporters. The Iranian teenager entered Malaysia with the other stolen-passport holder (below, right), with plane tickets they had bought together in Thailand.
The massive search for the vanished Boeing 777 and its 239 passengers and crew members has still turned up nothing, Abu Bakar said. "Maybe somebody on the flight has bought a huge sum of insurance, who wants family to gain from it or somebody who has owed somebody so much money, you know, we are looking at all possibilities," he added. --Peter Weber
(How Foo Yeen/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week