- Good luck with that March 11
The New York Mets' creatively named mascot, Mr. Met, joined Twitter Monday, and if his early digital musings are any indication, he's as bad at utilizing social media as the Mets are at playing baseball.
Uio’m ion ryTwittesr! pic.twitter.com/2u2TKwK5hd— Mr. Met (@MrMet) March 10, 2014
Sorry everyone, my fingers are too big. What I meant was “I’m on Twitter!” pic.twitter.com/4ZI84Oiw77— Mr. Met (@MrMet) March 10, 2014
But while Mr. Met was just figuring out how to use the social media platform, Kansas City Royals mascot Sluggerrr [sic] was already trolling him about his female companion, Mrs. Met.
Sadly, the Mets and Royals will not play each other this year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week