- The Fate of Civilization March 11
Some nights, you're just relaxing at home in Portland, hanging out with your baby and family dog, and then the next thing you know, bam! Everyone's locked in the bedroom, held hostage by Lux, your "hostile," 22-pound Himalayan cat.
What to do? Lee Palmer called 911 and asked the dispatcher to send help.
"He's trying to attack us," Palmer told the dispatcher. "He's at our door; he's charging us."
Lux had scratched Palmer's 7-month-old son, and the cat's owner said the Himalayan has a "history of violence."
Police did indeed come to the rescue, using a dog snare to take down Lux. You can listen to the 911 call via The Oregonian. --Sarah Eberspacher
Lux. | (AP Photo/Lee Palmer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why we can't educate racism away
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best TV shows we watched in 2014
- Oil prices have nosedived — why aren't airfares doing the same?
When Americans banned Christmas
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- The dangerous message of The Hunger Games
- How to be much happier
- 10 things you need to know today: December 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week