- The Fate of Civilization March 11
Some nights, you're just relaxing at home in Portland, hanging out with your baby and family dog, and then the next thing you know, bam! Everyone's locked in the bedroom, held hostage by Lux, your "hostile," 22-pound Himalayan cat.
What to do? Lee Palmer called 911 and asked the dispatcher to send help.
"He's trying to attack us," Palmer told the dispatcher. "He's at our door; he's charging us."
Lux had scratched Palmer's 7-month-old son, and the cat's owner said the Himalayan has a "history of violence."
Police did indeed come to the rescue, using a dog snare to take down Lux. You can listen to the 911 call via The Oregonian. --Sarah Eberspacher
Lux. | (AP Photo/Lee Palmer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
Subscribe to the Week