- The Fate of Civilization March 11
Some nights, you're just relaxing at home in Portland, hanging out with your baby and family dog, and then the next thing you know, bam! Everyone's locked in the bedroom, held hostage by Lux, your "hostile," 22-pound Himalayan cat.
What to do? Lee Palmer called 911 and asked the dispatcher to send help.
"He's trying to attack us," Palmer told the dispatcher. "He's at our door; he's charging us."
Lux had scratched Palmer's 7-month-old son, and the cat's owner said the Himalayan has a "history of violence."
Police did indeed come to the rescue, using a dog snare to take down Lux. You can listen to the 911 call via The Oregonian. --Sarah Eberspacher
Lux. | (AP Photo/Lee Palmer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What if The Purge was real?
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week