- The Fate of Civilization March 11
Some nights, you're just relaxing at home in Portland, hanging out with your baby and family dog, and then the next thing you know, bam! Everyone's locked in the bedroom, held hostage by Lux, your "hostile," 22-pound Himalayan cat.
What to do? Lee Palmer called 911 and asked the dispatcher to send help.
"He's trying to attack us," Palmer told the dispatcher. "He's at our door; he's charging us."
Lux had scratched Palmer's 7-month-old son, and the cat's owner said the Himalayan has a "history of violence."
Police did indeed come to the rescue, using a dog snare to take down Lux. You can listen to the 911 call via The Oregonian. --Sarah Eberspacher
Lux. | (AP Photo/Lee Palmer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week