- The internet never forgets March 11
No matter how enticingly viral it may sound, you really shouldn't tweet a picture of your dog doing a keg stand: Two college students in upstate New York were charged with torturing and injuring an animal after they tweeted a photo of themselves holding a black Labrador Retriever upside down to make it appear that it was doing a keg stand.
Police say Shane Oliver held the dog to make it look like the pooch was allegedly drinking beer while Robert Yates took the picture and posted it online during an off-campus event at the College at Brockport, near Rochester. The police got wind of the incident after they spotted the photo on a SUNY Party Stories Twitter account. The puppy's owner reportedly wasn't home when the incident occurred, and the dog was taken to the local animal shelter in good condition.
The students will appear in court April 2 and will face disciplinary actions from the college.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week