- Late Night Antics March 12
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart had a gift for history geeks. In a game show he called "The Weakest Lincoln," Stewart pitted guest Judge Andrew Napolitano against Abraham Lincoln (played by Jessica Williams) in a duel of Civil War trivia judged by actual academic historians. The segment was clearly devised as a way to politely truth-squad Napolitano, a Fox News contributor and Lincoln critic, but that doesn't make it any less funny or interesting. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
Subscribe to the Week