- Late Night Antics March 12
You've all seen one — the sometimes "aww"-inducing, usually awkward marriage proposal at some public event. The guy (it's almost always the guy) colludes with the organizers of the concert/sporting event/TV show to give him a spotlight to ask his sweetheart to marry him in front of a large audience. On Tuesday night's Late Night, Seth Meyers and two "audience members" turn this high-stakes romancing on its head. It's much more pleasant to watch than the real thing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week