- Look at this March 12
A visit to New York City wouldn't be complete without a shopping excursion. President Obama surprised customers at a midtown Gap yesterday by sifting through a wrinkled pile of clothes in search of the perfect tee. Of course, the visit wasn't all fun and games: Obama's appearance was also part of his campaign promoting a newly launched initiative that promises to raise the minimum wage.
Workers were caught off guard when the commander-in-chief appeared, but they did helpfully point him to V-neck table when he asked for help. "I'm worried the V-neck is going to slip," he said. Naturally, the trip angered the New York Post, which splashed a sexist headline across its front page. Here's an unedited picture. -- Jordan Valinsky
POTUS picks out sweaters for the girls and a workout shirt for FLOTUS, says it never hurts to bring something home. pic.twitter.com/GHNWP8xXD5— Mary Bruce (@marykbruce) March 11, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week