- Look at this March 12
A visit to New York City wouldn't be complete without a shopping excursion. President Obama surprised customers at a midtown Gap yesterday by sifting through a wrinkled pile of clothes in search of the perfect tee. Of course, the visit wasn't all fun and games: Obama's appearance was also part of his campaign promoting a newly launched initiative that promises to raise the minimum wage.
Workers were caught off guard when the commander-in-chief appeared, but they did helpfully point him to V-neck table when he asked for help. "I'm worried the V-neck is going to slip," he said. Naturally, the trip angered the New York Post, which splashed a sexist headline across its front page. Here's an unedited picture. -- Jordan Valinsky
POTUS picks out sweaters for the girls and a workout shirt for FLOTUS, says it never hurts to bring something home. pic.twitter.com/GHNWP8xXD5— Mary Bruce (@marykbruce) March 11, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week