- Quotables March 12
Girls has made writer/director/star Lena Dunham a household name — but in a recent interview with Glamour, Dunham revealed that she's thinking about leaving one of those jobs behind when the HBO series is over.
"I don't know if I want to act anymore," says Dunham. "I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to. I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
But fans of Dunham's distinctive voice don't have to worry; in addition to the already announced fourth season of Girls — which will air sometime in 2015 — her essay collection Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" is slated for release in September.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week