- Quotables March 12
Girls has made writer/director/star Lena Dunham a household name — but in a recent interview with Glamour, Dunham revealed that she's thinking about leaving one of those jobs behind when the HBO series is over.
"I don't know if I want to act anymore," says Dunham. "I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to. I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
But fans of Dunham's distinctive voice don't have to worry; in addition to the already announced fourth season of Girls — which will air sometime in 2015 — her essay collection Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" is slated for release in September.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- 10 things you need to know today: July 24, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
Subscribe to the Week