- Quotables March 12
Girls has made writer/director/star Lena Dunham a household name — but in a recent interview with Glamour, Dunham revealed that she's thinking about leaving one of those jobs behind when the HBO series is over.
"I don't know if I want to act anymore," says Dunham. "I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to. I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
But fans of Dunham's distinctive voice don't have to worry; in addition to the already announced fourth season of Girls — which will air sometime in 2015 — her essay collection Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" is slated for release in September.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week