- Quotables March 12
Girls has made writer/director/star Lena Dunham a household name — but in a recent interview with Glamour, Dunham revealed that she's thinking about leaving one of those jobs behind when the HBO series is over.
"I don't know if I want to act anymore," says Dunham. "I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to. I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
But fans of Dunham's distinctive voice don't have to worry; in addition to the already announced fourth season of Girls — which will air sometime in 2015 — her essay collection Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" is slated for release in September.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week