- Quotables March 12
Girls has made writer/director/star Lena Dunham a household name — but in a recent interview with Glamour, Dunham revealed that she's thinking about leaving one of those jobs behind when the HBO series is over.
"I don't know if I want to act anymore," says Dunham. "I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to. I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
But fans of Dunham's distinctive voice don't have to worry; in addition to the already announced fourth season of Girls — which will air sometime in 2015 — her essay collection Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" is slated for release in September.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week