- This just in March 12
Emergency crews on Wednesday morning responded to a reported explosion and building collapse in Harlem. There is as yet no known cause for the damage, though CBS New York, citing the Fire Department of New York, reports that two buildings sustained damage and have collapsed.
Another Exclusive photo showing windows blown out of building explosion in Harlem. pic.twitter.com/3gKFLv0uli— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) March 12, 2014
The incident occurred around 9 a.m., scattering debris across the nearby Metro North train tracks and suspending service on the commuter line. Early reports indicate there are around a dozen injuries, though the condition of victims is unknown. The situation is developing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week