- Huh? March 12
If you've ever dreamed of regaling your child with bedtime stories penned by The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards, you're in luck: The aging rocker and five-time grandfather is writing a children's book. But unlike his last literary endeavor, Life, which prominently featured rampant drug abuse and other rock-and-roll escapades, this book appears to be G-rated.
Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar tells the story of Richards' relationship with his beloved grandfather, Gus Dupree.
"I just became a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I'm talking about," Richards said in a statement. "The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me."
The book will be released on Sept. 9, with illustrations by Richards' daughter, Theodora.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week