- Huh? March 12
If you've ever dreamed of regaling your child with bedtime stories penned by The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards, you're in luck: The aging rocker and five-time grandfather is writing a children's book. But unlike his last literary endeavor, Life, which prominently featured rampant drug abuse and other rock-and-roll escapades, this book appears to be G-rated.
Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar tells the story of Richards' relationship with his beloved grandfather, Gus Dupree.
"I just became a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I'm talking about," Richards said in a statement. "The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me."
The book will be released on Sept. 9, with illustrations by Richards' daughter, Theodora.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week