- Huh? March 12
If you've ever dreamed of regaling your child with bedtime stories penned by The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards, you're in luck: The aging rocker and five-time grandfather is writing a children's book. But unlike his last literary endeavor, Life, which prominently featured rampant drug abuse and other rock-and-roll escapades, this book appears to be G-rated.
Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar tells the story of Richards' relationship with his beloved grandfather, Gus Dupree.
"I just became a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I'm talking about," Richards said in a statement. "The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me."
The book will be released on Sept. 9, with illustrations by Richards' daughter, Theodora.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week