- Ouch March 12
Don't run with scissors. Don't swim after eating. Don't gallivant barefoot in a cactus-filled desert or you'll probably stab your foot and look really silly.
We all remember these simple lessons from childhood, though Milwaukee Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez apparently forgot the last one. Yes, the team said Wednesday that Rodriguez stepped on a cactus and may have to miss a scheduled start Thursday to rehab the injury.
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
"They took out a lot of the thorns but there's still some in there," said manager Ron Roenicke. "I don't think it's that big of a setback but I imagine he's pretty sore today. You know how little some of the thorns are and they break off in there. So, I don't know. But that's what's going on." [Journal Sentinel]
And in case you were wondering: The Brewers play their spring training games in the aptly named Cactus League.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week