- Ouch March 12
Don't run with scissors. Don't swim after eating. Don't gallivant barefoot in a cactus-filled desert or you'll probably stab your foot and look really silly.
We all remember these simple lessons from childhood, though Milwaukee Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez apparently forgot the last one. Yes, the team said Wednesday that Rodriguez stepped on a cactus and may have to miss a scheduled start Thursday to rehab the injury.
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
"They took out a lot of the thorns but there's still some in there," said manager Ron Roenicke. "I don't think it's that big of a setback but I imagine he's pretty sore today. You know how little some of the thorns are and they break off in there. So, I don't know. But that's what's going on." [Journal Sentinel]
And in case you were wondering: The Brewers play their spring training games in the aptly named Cactus League.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week