- Ouch March 12
Don't run with scissors. Don't swim after eating. Don't gallivant barefoot in a cactus-filled desert or you'll probably stab your foot and look really silly.
We all remember these simple lessons from childhood, though Milwaukee Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez apparently forgot the last one. Yes, the team said Wednesday that Rodriguez stepped on a cactus and may have to miss a scheduled start Thursday to rehab the injury.
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
"They took out a lot of the thorns but there's still some in there," said manager Ron Roenicke. "I don't think it's that big of a setback but I imagine he's pretty sore today. You know how little some of the thorns are and they break off in there. So, I don't know. But that's what's going on." [Journal Sentinel]
And in case you were wondering: The Brewers play their spring training games in the aptly named Cactus League.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week