- Ouch March 12
Don't run with scissors. Don't swim after eating. Don't gallivant barefoot in a cactus-filled desert or you'll probably stab your foot and look really silly.
We all remember these simple lessons from childhood, though Milwaukee Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez apparently forgot the last one. Yes, the team said Wednesday that Rodriguez stepped on a cactus and may have to miss a scheduled start Thursday to rehab the injury.
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
"They took out a lot of the thorns but there's still some in there," said manager Ron Roenicke. "I don't think it's that big of a setback but I imagine he's pretty sore today. You know how little some of the thorns are and they break off in there. So, I don't know. But that's what's going on." [Journal Sentinel]
And in case you were wondering: The Brewers play their spring training games in the aptly named Cactus League.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week