- Whatever You Say March 12
So it's true, listening to Idina Menzel's voice will make you gay — at least that's what Pastor Kevin Swanson is preaching. According to Right Wing Watch, the Colorado conservative says Disney's Frozen "indoctrinates" kids into turning gay and says the film treats "homosexuality [and] bestiality in a light sort of way."
Explaining that he's totally not a "tinfoil hat conspiratorialist," Swanson says that the "pro-homosexual" Walt Disney Company is working with the gays to create something "very evil." He goes on:
Friends, this is evil, just evil. I wonder if people are thinking: "You know I think this cute little movie is going to indoctrinate my 5-year-old to be a lesbian or treat homosexuality or bestiality in a light sort of way." I wonder if the average parent going to see Frozen is thinking that way. I wonder if they are just walking in and saying, "Yeah, let's get my five-year-old and seven-year-old indoctrinated early." You know they're not, I think for the most part they're oblivious. Maybe they do pick up on pieces of it but they just don't get up and walk out. [AL.com]
Wow, we're sick of all the "Let It Go" interpretations on YouTube too, but this seems extreme.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week