- Whatever You Say March 12
So it's true, listening to Idina Menzel's voice will make you gay — at least that's what Pastor Kevin Swanson is preaching. According to Right Wing Watch, the Colorado conservative says Disney's Frozen "indoctrinates" kids into turning gay and says the film treats "homosexuality [and] bestiality in a light sort of way."
Explaining that he's totally not a "tinfoil hat conspiratorialist," Swanson says that the "pro-homosexual" Walt Disney Company is working with the gays to create something "very evil." He goes on:
Friends, this is evil, just evil. I wonder if people are thinking: "You know I think this cute little movie is going to indoctrinate my 5-year-old to be a lesbian or treat homosexuality or bestiality in a light sort of way." I wonder if the average parent going to see Frozen is thinking that way. I wonder if they are just walking in and saying, "Yeah, let's get my five-year-old and seven-year-old indoctrinated early." You know they're not, I think for the most part they're oblivious. Maybe they do pick up on pieces of it but they just don't get up and walk out. [AL.com]
Wow, we're sick of all the "Let It Go" interpretations on YouTube too, but this seems extreme.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week