- Whatever You Say March 12
So it's true, listening to Idina Menzel's voice will make you gay — at least that's what Pastor Kevin Swanson is preaching. According to Right Wing Watch, the Colorado conservative says Disney's Frozen "indoctrinates" kids into turning gay and says the film treats "homosexuality [and] bestiality in a light sort of way."
Explaining that he's totally not a "tinfoil hat conspiratorialist," Swanson says that the "pro-homosexual" Walt Disney Company is working with the gays to create something "very evil." He goes on:
Friends, this is evil, just evil. I wonder if people are thinking: "You know I think this cute little movie is going to indoctrinate my 5-year-old to be a lesbian or treat homosexuality or bestiality in a light sort of way." I wonder if the average parent going to see Frozen is thinking that way. I wonder if they are just walking in and saying, "Yeah, let's get my five-year-old and seven-year-old indoctrinated early." You know they're not, I think for the most part they're oblivious. Maybe they do pick up on pieces of it but they just don't get up and walk out. [AL.com]
Wow, we're sick of all the "Let It Go" interpretations on YouTube too, but this seems extreme.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week